Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2006/07/30 21:44:30 UTC

Re: [collections] Maps supporting concurrent modification of their iterators?

Robert Ribnitz wrote:
> how much work would be involved in extending one of the Maps provided in
> the collections framework to support concurrent modification of the
> structures their mapIterators iterate over?
>
> would this be an envisageable feature? - I am thinking of Maps behaving
> much like the CursorableLinkedList.

I guess that this would be possible. I've never had a need for
concurrent access personally, as I just refactor the code to not need it.

Stephen

Re: [collections] Maps supporting concurrent modification of their iterators?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
2006/7/30, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>:
> Robert Ribnitz wrote:
> > how much work would be involved in extending one of the Maps provided in
> > the collections framework to support concurrent modification of the
> > structures their mapIterators iterate over?
> >
> > would this be an envisageable feature? - I am thinking of Maps behaving
> > much like the CursorableLinkedList.
>
> I guess that this would be possible. I've never had a need for
> concurrent access personally, as I just refactor the code to not need it.

Interesting. How does that work?

Oliver