Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bj...@accenture.com on 2008/04/28 14:53:58 UTC

Execute plugin for certain profile

In our project, we've created a webapp which we deploy on an application server.  The problem is, in our production environment we're using Websphere, but on our development machines we run Tomcat.  We have a plugin to deploy to the Websphere and for Tomcat we're using Cargo.  The problem is, how can we make sure that maven executes the cargo plugin in our development environment for the Dev-profile and the Websphere plugin to deploy the application in our production environment for the Prod-profile.

Is it possible to execute a plugin in a certain profile, but not in another profile?

RE: Execute plugin for certain profile

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Move the plugin declarations to the appropriate profile.

In our project, we've created a webapp which we deploy on an application
server.  The problem is, in our production environment we're using
Websphere, but on our development machines we run Tomcat.  We have a
plugin to deploy to the Websphere and for Tomcat we're using Cargo.  The
problem is, how can we make sure that maven executes the cargo plugin in
our development environment for the Dev-profile and the Websphere plugin
to deploy the application in our production environment for the
Prod-profile.

Is it possible to execute a plugin in a certain profile, but not in
another profile?

received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.