Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by st...@gmx.de on 2006/06/21 18:58:43 UTC

how to get the list of all changed files between to revisions?

Hallo,

how can I get the list of all changed files between to revisions?

Thanks,
Steven

Re: how to get the list of all changed files between to revisions?

Posted by Johnathan Gifford <jg...@wernervas.com>.
svn log -v -r {"2006-06-17 00:05"}:{"2006-06-21 00:05"}

There are more options available and useful for log, but the above is the
basic syntax for getting revisions between dates.  If you need just files,
use the xml option and create a style sheet to extract the list as you need
it.

However, revision date ranges do not always include all revisions between
occasionally it will pickup a revision just prior to the oldest date for
some weird reason.

Johnathan

Posted by Nathan Kidd <na...@spicycrypto.ca>.

Moshe Gurvich wrote:
> svn diff repo/trunk -r 12:15|grep "^Index: "|perl -pe "s/^Index: //"
or just
   svn diff repo/trunk -r 12:15|sed -n "s/^Index: //p"

1.4 (of which I understand the 1st RC to be imminent) has an additional
diff argument --summarize which will do exactly what you want.

-Nathan

RE: how to get the list of all changed files between to revisions?

Posted by Moshe Gurvich <mo...@varien.com>.

Posted by st...@gmx.de.

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
> how can I get the list of all changed files between to revisions?
>
> Thanks,
> Steven

Run an "svn diff" command, and run "grep" or "awk" commands on the output.