Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Weitzel <da...@teamwareusa.com> on 2006/02/23 14:51:19 UTC

Multiple Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2003

Hi,

I need to run multiple Tomcat 5.5 instances on Windows 2003 behind IIS.

Each instance will be supporting different clients with applications
that are not able to be restarted using the tomcat 5.5 manager/admin
tools.

I have managed to get isapi.redirect to work for the different IIS sites
but can only run the Tomcat installs from their individual catalina.bat
files under a dos window.

I have established how to install these using the zip file not the exe,
but am not sure how to set them up to run as services so that they will
start on a system reboot.

Under tomcat 3 there was a jk_nt_service.exe program along with a
wrapper.properties file that was used, will this still work with 5.5 on
Windows 2003?

Any assistance welcome

Thanks

Dave

Re: Multiple Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2003

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Dave Weitzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to run multiple Tomcat 5.5 instances on Windows 2003 behind IIS.
>

> Any assistance welcome

Since you have downloaded a zip file,
I would suggest that you create a N folders inside C:\Tomcat

So, you'll have
C:\Tomcat\1
C:\Tomcat\2
C:\Tomcat\N

Then open a cmd.exe and 'cd' to C:\Tomcat\X\bin
C:\Tomcat\1\bin\service install TomcatInstance1
C:\Tomcat\2\bin\service install TomcatInstance2
C:\Tomcat\N\bin\service install TomcatInstanceN

You will need to edit the server.xml for each
instance so that instance has a separate set of
IP ports.

Regards,
Mladen.