Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sudhir patil <sp...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/19 23:59:59 UTC

Any issues, if we enable table level replication when cluster replication is disabled

Hi,

Will there be any issues, if we enable table level replication
(REPLICATION_SCOPE=>1), when cluster replication is disabled? Will there be
any issues with WAL log rollover or accumulation?

Thanks,
Sudhir

Re: Any issues, if we enable table level replication when cluster replication is disabled

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
If you are planning to enable it using 'alter' command or java admin API,
no issues, replication will not be initiated until you add a replication
peer. If you try to do it using hbase shell "enable_table_replication"
command, the command will fail.