Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by ma...@accenture.com on 2015/08/06 18:47:35 UTC

MySQL 5.7.8 issues

Hi,

I had to upgrade from MySQL 5.7.7 to 5.7.8 and whenever I run
$ ./setup.sh
>From the main folder I get the following error
[E] Unable to apply patch:PatchPasswordEncryption_J10001.class. [EL Severe]: 2015-08-06 15:50:30.021--ServerSession(811263777)--Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20131113-a7346c6): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException

I think it is quite obvious that the error is in MySQL because before it worked like a charm.

I have already fired a bug report to the MySQL tracker
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=77966&thanks=4

anyhow, has anybody experienced something similar?

Thanks and best

Marco

________________________________

Marco Seravalli
Accenture Technology Solutions GmbH
Anni-Albers-Straße 11
D-80807 München
Digital & Content / Enterprise Content Management
Mobile Nr.: +49 151 17156149
Marco.Seravalli@accenture.com
Sitz: Kronberg. Registergericht: Königstein im Taunus, HRB 5968.
Geschäftsführer: Marcus Huth, Frank Mang, Andreas Schuler

________________________________

Re: MySQL 5.7.8 issues

Posted by Gautam Borad <gb...@gmail.com>.
Ranger 0.5.0 version has the functionality of logging output of Java
patches also.

Please send us the log files from this location :
$RANGER_DIR/ews/logs/ranger_migration.log

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 1:36 AM, Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Not sure how to get more log message. If is a fresh env, can you try
> dropping the database and running ./setup.sh again?
>
> Ideally, this shouldn’t happen.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bosco
>

> From: "marco.seravalli@accenture.com" <ma...@accenture.com>
> Date: Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM
> To: "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: MySQL 5.7.8 issues
>
> Hi,
>

> I had to upgrade from MySQL 5.7.7 to 5.7.8 and whenever I run
>
> $ ./setup.sh
>
> From the main folder I get the following error
>
> [E] Unable to apply patch:PatchPasswordEncryption_J10001.class. [EL
> Severe]: 2015-08-06 15:50:30.021--ServerSession(811263777)--Exception
> [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.5.2.v20131113-a7346c6):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
>

> I think it is quite obvious that the error is in MySQL because before it
> worked like a charm.
>

> I have already fired a bug report to the MySQL tracker
>
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=77966&thanks=4
>

> anyhow, has anybody experienced something similar?
>

> Thanks and best
>

> Marco
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Marco Seravalli
> Accenture Technology Solutions GmbH
>
> Anni-Albers-Straße 11
> D-80807 München
>
> Digital & Content / Enterprise Content Management
> Mobile Nr.: +49 151 17156149
>
> Marco.Seravalli@accenture.com
> Sitz: Kronberg. Registergericht: Königstein im Taunus, HRB 5968.
> Geschäftsführer: Marcus Huth, Frank Mang, Andreas Schuler
>

> ------------------------------

> original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Gautam.

Re: MySQL 5.7.8 issues

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Not sure how to get more log message. If is a fresh env, can you try
dropping the database and running ./setup.sh again?

Ideally, this shouldn¹t happen.

Thanks

Bosco

From:  "marco.seravalli@accenture.com" <ma...@accenture.com>