Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2023/01/21 17:37:40 UTC

Updating the notification schema for GitHub?

Hi all,

GitHub emails have been annoying in this project for quite some time, with the increased usage of discussions, this has become worse.
This is not something unique to StreamPipes, but also happens in other projects.

I did manage to convince Infra to update their notification bot to customize the email subjects of auto-generated emails.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features#Git.asf.yamlfeatures-Notificationsettingsforrepositories

I have updated the settings in PLC4X and now both my email-client as also lists.apache.org can correctly thread the emails.

Perhaps something worth discussing on changing here too?

https://github.com/apache/plc4x/blob/develop/.asf.yaml

What do you folks think?

Chris

Re: AW: Updating the notification schema for GitHub?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Yeah … looks a lot better this way … now all I gotta do is motivate infra to add support for the discussions too :-)

Chris

From: Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai>
Date: Thursday, 26. January 2023 at 09:13
To: dev@streampipes.apache.org <de...@streampipes.apache.org>
Subject: RE: AW: Updating the notification schema for GitHub?
Hi,

I've updated the asf.yaml according to the PLC4X scheme.

You can find the PR here:
https://github.com/apache/streampipes/pull/1163

Cheers
Dominik