Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Edmond Wong <wy...@pacbell.net> on 2005/04/29 07:01:36 UTC

Distributive Cache Open Source Solution

Hi,

I am looking for an open source's distributive cache solution.  One that
can be used for a clustered weblogic servers environment, the cache has
to be read and write, and the
cache itself need to be fail-safe.  Anyone has some recommandations?

Thanks,

Edmond

Re: Distributive Cache Open Source Solution

Posted by Mattias J <mj...@expertsystem.se>.
At 2005-04-29 07:01, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for an open source's distributive cache solution.  One that
>can be used for a clustered weblogic servers environment, the cache has to
>be read and write, and the
>cache itself need to be fail-safe.  Anyone has some recommandations?

Never tried, but have a look at
http://swarmcache.sourceforge.net/
and
http://www.jboss.org/developers/projects/jboss/cache/Tutorial.html

(Referred to in the Hibernate manual)

Re: Distributive Cache Open Source Solution

Posted by PA <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 29, 2005, at 07:01, Edmond Wong wrote:

> I am looking for an open source's distributive cache solution.  One
> that can be used for a clustered weblogic servers environment, the
> cache has to be read and write, and the
> cache itself need to be fail-safe.  Anyone has some recommandations?

"memcached is a high-performance, distributed memory object caching
system, generic in nature, but intended for use in speeding up dynamic
web applications by alleviating database load."

http://www.danga.com/memcached/

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay