Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net> on 2006/12/18 18:28:37 UTC

FYI: HttpClient in use

Hi folks,

today, I stumbled over this in the Application Developers Guide
for IBM's "Lotus Expeditor" product:

"The Lotus Expeditor network framework replaces the default
VM implementations of HTTP and HTTPS UrlStreamHandler's which
are based on the Apache HTTP client. The UrlStreamHandler
implementation will utilize the Apache HTTP client."
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ledoc/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.rcp.tools.doc.appdev/lpp_applicationdesignconsiderations.html

The first sentence is a bit screwed up, but you get the drift.
It's clearer here:

"The Http plug-in within the network layer replaces the default
VM implementation of HTTP and HTTPS URLStreamHandler’s to be
based on the Apache HTTP client."
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ledoc/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.rcp.tools.doc.appdev/lpp_overview.html

We even have a section headline, though the section doesn't
say much. Looks like we're well hidden somewhere down the stack:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ledoc/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.rcp.tools.doc.appdev/lpp_usinghttpclient.html

thought you'd like to know

cheers,
  Roland