Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gerard Garrigan <ge...@precisionsoftware.com> on 2006/03/31 13:08:13 UTC

The generated ear file

Hello,

I have some issues that are slightly different to my last email on the
topic.

I'm generating an ear file for a project. The requirement is that the
java classes for that project are put into a jar prior to being included
in the ear. Does this still fall under the multiple module approach or
is there some other way of achieving this? Also when I generate the ear
all the projects dependant jars are included. Is there some way of
generating the ear without including all the jars as they are being set
in the classpath already and they make the ear file very large?

Thanks again,

Ger Garrigan
Software Engineer

Castlewood House, Castlewood Ave,
Rathmines, Dublin 6, Ireland.
Tel:  +353 1 4060738   Fax:  +353 1 4060748
www.precisionsoftware.com <http://www.precisionsoftware.com/>

Re: The generated ear file

Posted by Richard Sladek <ri...@abilitydev.com>.
1. Yes, if you want to have your classes in a jar, this involves a
multi-module approach - have a separate project for your classes with jar
packaging and another project with ear packaging, having a dependency to the
jar project.

2. If you want to exclude some dependencies from the ear but you need them
for compilation, change their scope to provided - this does exactly what you
need.

Regards,
Richard