Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/09/10 04:33:57 UTC

Re: Log problems with HP-UX

Your suggestion is a good one and I have committed the change.
However, it would appear that perhaps HAVE_SYSLOG should not be
defined for HPUX given the last couple of warnings. Else, perhaps
syslog is defined in a different #include?

Re: Log problems with HP-UX

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Your suggestion is a good one and I have committed the change.
> However, it would appear that perhaps HAVE_SYSLOG should not be
> defined for HPUX given the last couple of warnings. Else, perhaps
> syslog is defined in a different #include?

Yes I didn't notice those warnings until after I'd sent the mail.

Actually, HP-UX 9.04 (at least) appears to support syslog. It just
doesn't have a declaration in any header file I can find. At least, it
links okay, I haven't tried it, however.

I guess it needs prototypes, for HP-UX 9, at least. I dunno about 10.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>