Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/04/20 16:41:14 UTC

IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer

Incubator PMC,

please approve the IP clearance paper work for the contribution called
"XML Graphics FOP - AFP Renderer" which I've recently committed to the
Incubator site.

Thanks,
Jeremias Maerki
for the XML Graphics PMC

Re: IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 4/26/06, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> Approval didn't happen within a reasonable time frame. I'm assuming lazy
> consensus. We're going to continue with the process.

it's lazy concensus: but i don't think that's documented. i'll update the
documentation (unless anyone beats me to it).

Maybe the requirement to present the IP clearance paper work to the
> Incubator PMC for approval should be removed again if it doesn't work. I
> think it's good enough if the stuff is put up on the IP clearance page
> where everyone can see it. If there's something wrong with it, an
> intervention is still easily possible.

 AIUI it's just a ping really: good to have it on record on the list. i
don't think that the process is at fault, just the documentation. IMHO we
should update the process documentation and then see if the process still
has problems.

- robert

Re: IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

On 20.04.2006 16:41:14 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Incubator PMC,
>
> please approve the IP clearance paper work for the contribution called
> "XML Graphics FOP - AFP Renderer" which I've recently committed to the
> Incubator site.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremias Maerki
> for the XML Graphics PMC

Jeremias Maerki

Re: IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Approval didn't happen within a reasonable time frame. I'm assuming lazy
consensus. We're going to continue with the process.

Maybe the requirement to present the IP clearance paper work to the
Incubator PMC for approval should be removed again if it doesn't work. I
think it's good enough if the stuff is put up on the IP clearance page
where everyone can see it. If there's something wrong with it, an
intervention is still easily possible.

On 20.04.2006 16:41:14 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Incubator PMC,
>
> please approve the IP clearance paper work for the contribution called
> "XML Graphics FOP - AFP Renderer" which I've recently committed to the
> Incubator site.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremias Maerki
> for the XML Graphics PMC

Jeremias Maerki

Re: IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Thanks for the feedback, Noel!

On 26.04.2006 13:43:41 Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > please approve the IP clearance paper work for the contribution called
> > "XML Graphics FOP - AFP Renderer" which I've recently committed to the
> > Incubator site.
>
> What you filed seems fine to me.  +1
>
> 	--- Noel

Jeremias Maerki

RE: IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.