Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Joao <jo...@wireless-networks.com> on 2006/07/17 20:27:44 UTC

Connector with thread to receive and thread to send

    I am running a kinda proxy server which connects to an upstream server.
    I wish I could have a thread to receive , and another thread to send
information thru the connector.

    Can I do that without changing the current connector behavior?

    May be that's should not be the best advice on the issue , any
opinion about it?

Thanks in advance,

Joao,

Re: Connector with thread to receive and thread to send

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
(Catching up countless messages without replies...)

On 7/18/06, Joao <jo...@wireless-networks.com> wrote:

>     I am running a kinda proxy server which connects to an upstream
> server.
>     I wish I could have a thread to receive , and another thread to send
> information thru the connector.
>
>     Can I do that without changing the current connector behavior?
>
>     May be that's should not be the best advice on the issue , any
> opinion about it?

We've added a proxy example to MINA 1.0 which might interest you.  But you
cannot use such thread model for now because it is completely up to I/O
processor.  For now, one I/O thread takes care of both receiving and
sending.  Is there any reason that you need two threads for I/O?  Actually
using two threads to handle I/O of one connection causes a lot of problem.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6