Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2002/01/08 01:31:47 UTC

[Xerces2] Xerces 2.0.0 Production Release Plans

Happy New Year, everyone!

Now that the holidays are past and we're getting back into the
swing of things, I thought it would be a good idea to start
thinking about the first production release of the Xerces2
codebase. We've come a long way in the past year and now I'm
very confident in the functionality and stability of Xerces2.

I would like to work towards a production release of Xerces2
at the end of this month. In order to do so, I think that we
need to arrive at consensus that the Xerces Native Interface
is complete and sufficient for our implementation needs; fix
any remaining bugs; and take a serious look at improving the
general performance of the parser.

Provided we do all of these things, does anyone see any
problem with shooting for the end of this month to release
Xerces 2.0.0?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org

Re: [Xerces2] Xerces 2.0.0 Production Release Plans

Posted by "Theodore W. Leung" <tw...@sauria.com>.
It's hard for me to figure out whether end of the month is a good
estimate without knowing how much work there is to do, and who is going
to do it.

Can you post a list of things that need to get done in order for us
to have a production version release?  I have some time this month and
can work on whatever needs to be done -- I'm happy to be assigned bugs,
work on docs, etc.  Right now I'm going to try and clean up the javadoc
warnings that we've been spewing.

Ted

Posted by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com>.
Andy Clark wrote:

> I would like to work towards a production release of Xerces2
> at the end of this month. In order to do so, I think that we
> need to arrive at consensus that the Xerces Native Interface
> is complete and sufficient for our implementation needs; fix
> any remaining bugs; and take a serious look at improving the
> general performance of the parser.
>
> Provided we do all of these things, does anyone see any
> problem with shooting for the end of this month to release
> Xerces 2.0.0?

Sounds good.

In addition, I'd like to finish implementing the proposed JAXP 1.2 spec
changes so that Xerces 2.0.0 can claim to be conformant.  The plan is to
finish by the end of the month.  Is this OK with everyone?

If you all think that a beta5 release is needed that would be fine with
me too.

-Edwin