Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Muffett <ma...@its-axiom.com> on 2001/07/10 08:13:22 UTC

Weird startup problem - V3.3m4

I don't know for sure if this is a bug or my fault with config.

I've been using Tomcat 3.3m3 with Apache for a month or so with success.  I changed to 3.3m4 last week, apparently also successfully.  I rebooted the computer (Linux, 2.2 kernel) and it went wrong! - Tomcat would work on its own (port 8080) but not with Apache.  (Apache worked fine on its own, but didn't seem to know about Tomcat).

I have a weird fix to the problem.  I stop 3.3m4, start 3.3m3, restart Apache, stop 3.3m3 and start 3.3m4.  Then it works!

Can anyone think of a config file I forgot to change, or is it a bug

Many thanks

Mark Muffett