Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2021/06/01 07:33:39 UTC

[VOTE] RC Turbine Fulcrum Cache 2.0.0 on Staged Repo

Hi Turbine devs,

hopefully this finds you all well!

A release candidate for the Turbine Fulcrum Cache Component v2.0.0 has
been prepared.

It contains:

-   Update JCS to commons-jcs3-core
-   Update Tests
-   Bugfixes, Code cleanup

Caveat: Backward-incompatible change for non-JCs and Non-EHCache cache
(Simple Global):
-  Default cache frequency is now consistently set in milliseconds.

This release is for JCS mainly, EHcache is updated (to 2.10.9.2, not yet
3.x), but not extensively tested and may require more work to do.

Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/turbine/fulcrum/tags/fulcrum-cache-2.0.0

Artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheturbine-1063/

Keys:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/turbine/KEYS

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Please verify this release candidate carefully and consider, if you are a
Turbine PMC member or a committer (non binding), voting.

Thanks for your efforts!

Best regards,

Georg

Re: Re: [VOTE] RC Turbine Fulcrum Cache 2.0.0 on Staged Repo

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
yes, though would be not a big issue to update it. Awaiting 3rd opinion
from our PMC ;-)

Strictly the site should be updated from the tagged version IMO, but I
think I'm encountering it not the first time, that the changes-log is
fixed only after the release, and the site is updated from the trunk
(showing the of course a SNAPSHOT version).

And BTW SOME Fulcrum sites needs the latest updates (e.g security). I
forgot this probably myself or may be waited, because I updated the site
design (to fluid).

I suggest this solution: Performing an entire Fulcrum site update
including the Fulcrum (site) wrapper as soon as possible - I could do it
or whoever wants to be in charge or in team work - last but not least, we
may open an JIRA issue ;-) Should be in before all site.xml updated to
fluid skin to be in uniform layout ?

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
An:     dev@turbine.apache.org
Datum:  02.06.2021 18:54
Betreff:        Re: [VOTE] RC Turbine Fulcrum Cache 2.0.0 on Staged Repo

Hi Georg,

Builds without errors and signatures look good.

Looks ok to me except the release history does not report 2.0.0 (only
1.1.1).

Otherwise I am a +1 release it

-

Jeff

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.
Hi Georg,

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
[ x ] +1 release it

- my vote. Georg

Re: cvsignore

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
>> One of these days we should consider getting rid of .cvsignore :-)

@: .cvsignore, if nobody complains, renaming the file to .gitignore is as
we are already supporting git (read-only) might be easiest ;-)

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>
An:     Turbine Developers List <de...@turbine.apache.org>
Datum:  06.06.2021 12:49

<ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>:

> [X] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Build and tests run fine using

Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d;
2017-10-18T09:58:13+02:00)
Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_241.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.16", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

One of these days we should consider getting rid of .cvsignore :-)
(One of these days I should consider updating my Maven installation...)

Bye, Thomas

[RESULT][VOTE] RC Turbine Fulcrum Cache 2.0.0 on Staged Repo

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Turbine Devs,

I finish the voting process, as we met the voting limit (after about a
week).

The votes casted were:

Georg Kallidis      +1
Jeffery Painter     +1
Thomas Vandahl      +1

As a result with three binding votes in favorite we hit the required
quorum.

I conclude with the next steps in releasing the candidate.

Thanks to all the voters!

Best regards,

Georg

Von:    Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>