Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by yanhongsan <xi...@163.com> on 2008/08/21 05:43:59 UTC

Producer hanged when sending 6M ByteMessage

Hello, everyone. I download the latest version ActiveMQ5.1.  When I send
about 6M  ByteMessage to a queue 100 times loop, I found the producer hanged
after sending a message. The following is my code:

/**
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
 * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */
package com.mymq.test;

import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.util.Date;

import javax.jms.BytesMessage;
import javax.jms.Connection;
import javax.jms.DeliveryMode;
import javax.jms.Destination;
import javax.jms.MessageProducer;
import javax.jms.Session;
import javax.jms.StreamMessage;
import javax.jms.TextMessage;

import org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection;
import org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory;

/**
 * A simple tool for publishing messages
 *
 * @version $Revision: 1.2 $
 */
public class ProducerTool {

    private Destination destination;
    private int messageCount = 100;
    private long sleepTime;
    private boolean verbose = true;
    private int messageSize = 255;
    private long timeToLive = 0;
    private String user = ActiveMQConnection.DEFAULT_USER;
    private String password = ActiveMQConnection.DEFAULT_PASSWORD;
    private String url = "tcp://129.1.5.95:61616";
    private String subject = "eastsoft";
    private boolean topic = false;
    private boolean transacted=false ;
    private boolean persistent=true;

        ProducerTool producerTool = new ProducerTool();
     /*   String[] unknown = CommandLineSupport.setOptions(producerTool,
args);
        if (unknown.length > 0) {
            System.out.println("Unknown options: " +
Arrays.toString(unknown));
            System.exit(-1);
        }*/
        producerTool.run();
    }

    public void run() {
        Connection connection = null;
        Session session = null;
       try{
            // Create the connection.
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, password, url);
            connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
            connection.start();

            // Create the session
            session = connection.createSession(transacted,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
            if (topic) {
                destination = session.createTopic(subject);
            } else {
                destination = session.createQueue(subject);
            }

            // Create the producer.
            MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(destination);
            if (persistent) {
                producer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);
            } else {
                producer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);
            }
            if (timeToLive != 0) {
                producer.setTimeToLive(timeToLive);
            }

            // Start sending messages
            sendLoop(session, producer);

            System.out.println("Done.");

            // Use the ActiveMQConnection interface to dump the connection
            // stats.
           // ActiveMQConnection c = (ActiveMQConnection)connection;
            //c.getConnectionStats().dump(new IndentPrinter());

        } catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("Caught: " + e);
            e.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
            try {
            	session.close();
                connection.close();
            } catch (Throwable ignore) {
            }
        }
    }

    protected void sendLoop(Session session, MessageProducer producer)
throws Exception {

        for (int i = 0; i < messageCount || messageCount == 0; i++) {

        	//send text message
          /*  TextMessage message =
session.createTextMessage(createMessageText(i));

            if (verbose) {
                String msg = message.getText();
                if (msg.length() > 50) {
                    msg = msg.substring(0, 50) + "...";
                }
                System.out.println("Sending message: " + msg);
            }*/

        	//send byte message
        	byte[] content = getFileByte("E:\\bb.zip");
        	BytesMessage message = session.createBytesMessage();
        	String id = "msg " + i;
        	message.setJMSMessageID(id);
        	message.writeBytes(content);
        	System.out.println("Sending message: " +
message.getJMSMessageID());
            producer.send(message);
            if (transacted) {
                session.commit();
            }

            Thread.sleep(sleepTime);

        }

    }

    private String createMessageText(int index) {
        StringBuffer buffer = new StringBuffer(messageSize);
        buffer.append("Message: " + index + " sent at: " + new Date());
        if (buffer.length() > messageSize) {
            return buffer.substring(0, messageSize);
        }
        for (int i = buffer.length(); i < messageSize; i++) {
            buffer.append(' ');
        }
        return buffer.toString();
    }

    private	byte[] getFileByte(String filename){
        byte[] buffer = null;
        FileInputStream fin = null;
        try {
            File file = new File(filename);
            fin = new FileInputStream(file);
            buffer = new byte[fin.available()];
            fin.read(buffer);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
            try {
                fin.close();
            } catch (IOException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
        return buffer;
    }

    public void setPersistent(boolean durable) {
        this.persistent = durable;
    }

    public void setMessageCount(int messageCount) {
        this.messageCount = messageCount;
    }

    public void setMessageSize(int messageSize) {
        this.messageSize = messageSize;
    }

    public void setPassword(String pwd) {
        this.password = pwd;
    }

    public void setSleepTime(long sleepTime) {
        this.sleepTime = sleepTime;
    }

    public void setSubject(String subject) {
        this.subject = subject;
    }

    public void setTimeToLive(long timeToLive) {
        this.timeToLive = timeToLive;
    }

    public void setTopic(boolean topic) {
        this.topic = topic;
    }

    public void setQueue(boolean queue) {
        this.topic = !queue;
    }

    public void setTransacted(boolean transacted) {
        this.transacted = transacted;
    }

    public void setUrl(String url) {
        this.url = url;
    }

    public void setUser(String user) {
        this.user = user;
    }

    public void setVerbose(boolean verbose) {
        this.verbose = verbose;
    }
}

the bb.zip file is about 6M. When I run the class, the result is :
Sending message: msg 0
Sending message: msg 1
But once I consume the queue "eastsoft", I can send all the 100 files.