Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> on 2014/10/08 19:28:43 UTC

Build appears to be broken by http://www.datanucleus.org/

http://www.datanucleus.org/ is not accessiable

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process
(default) on project hive-exec: Error resolving project artifact:
Could not transfer artifact net.hydromatic:linq4j:pom:0.4 from/to
datanucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org/downloads/maven2): Access
denied to: http://www.datanucleus.org/downloads/maven2/net/hydromatic/linq4j/0.4/linq4j-0.4.pom,
ReasonPhrase: Forbidden. for project net.hydromatic:linq4j:jar:0.4 ->
[Help 1]

Re: Build appears to be broken by http://www.datanucleus.org/

Posted by D K <de...@gmail.com>.
I see the following error with the patch when building hive:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process
(default) on project hive-exec: Error resolving project artifact: Could not
transfer artifact net.hydromatic:linq4j:pom:0.4 from/to
repository.jboss.org-public (
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public): peer not
authenticated for project net.hydromatic:linq4j:jar:0.4

When I revert the patch for HIVE-8403 it works, so looks like the
datanucleus repo is back.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Thank you!

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
Worked for me. I've committed the patch.

Thanks,
Gunther.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Gunther Hagleitner <
ghagleitner@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> I'm trying it right now.
>
> Thanks,
> Gunther.
>
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> I've created HIVE-8403 and attached a patch that works for  me when I do
>> the maven.repo.local thing.  Someone else should try this on their
>> machine.  If it works, please check it in.  I assume we don't have to wait
>> for the 24 hour limit on patches like this.
>>
>> Alan.
>>
>>   Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
>>  October 8, 2014 at 11:25
>> That works for me. IIRC when I did the maven build I learned we used the
>> DN
>> repo for something not DN related. Can you try the build
>> with -Dmaven.repo.local=/tmp/maven and ensure it builds without any cache?
>>
>> If so, yes let's get rid of that repo.
>>
>> Also I found it works now with the -o flag.
>>

>>   Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
>>  October 8, 2014 at 11:18
>>  It appears that the jars we need are in maven central.  I tried removing
>> datanucleus completely from my maven cache then commenting out the
>> datanucleus repository in pom.xml and the jars were properly fetched from
>> maven central.  Should I just put up a patch for this so we can get
>> building again?
>>
>> Alan.
>>

>>   Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
>>  October 8, 2014 at 10:28
>> http://www.datanucleus.org/ is not accessiable
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process
>> (default) on project hive-exec: Error resolving project artifact:
>> Could not transfer artifact net.hydromatic:linq4j:pom:0.4 from/to
>> datanucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org/downloads/maven2): Access
>> denied to:
>> http://www.datanucleus.org/downloads/maven2/net/hydromatic/linq4j/0.4/linq4j-0.4.pom
>> ,
>> ReasonPhrase: Forbidden. for project net.hydromatic:linq4j:jar:0.4 ->
>> [Help 1]
>>

>> --
>> Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Build appears to be broken by http://www.datanucleus.org/

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
I'm trying it right now.

Thanks,
Gunther.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> I've created HIVE-8403 and attached a patch that works for  me when I do
> the maven.repo.local thing.  Someone else should try this on their
> machine.  If it works, please check it in.  I assume we don't have to wait
> for the 24 hour limit on patches like this.
>
> Alan.
>
>   Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
>  October 8, 2014 at 11:25
> That works for me. IIRC when I did the maven build I learned we used the DN
> repo for something not DN related. Can you try the build
> with -Dmaven.repo.local=/tmp/maven and ensure it builds without any cache?
>
> If so, yes let's get rid of that repo.
>
> Also I found it works now with the -o flag.
>

>   Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
>  October 8, 2014 at 11:18
>  It appears that the jars we need are in maven central.  I tried removing
> datanucleus completely from my maven cache then commenting out the
> datanucleus repository in pom.xml and the jars were properly fetched from
> maven central.  Should I just put up a patch for this so we can get
> building again?
>
> Alan.
>

>   Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
>  October 8, 2014 at 10:28
> http://www.datanucleus.org/ is not accessiable
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process
> (default) on project hive-exec: Error resolving project artifact:
> Could not transfer artifact net.hydromatic:linq4j:pom:0.4 from/to
> datanucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org/downloads/maven2): Access
> denied to:
> http://www.datanucleus.org/downloads/maven2/net/hydromatic/linq4j/0.4/linq4j-0.4.pom
> ,
> ReasonPhrase: Forbidden. for project net.hydromatic:linq4j:jar:0.4 ->
> [Help 1]
>

> --
> Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Build appears to be broken by http://www.datanucleus.org/

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Yeah, I found what it was.  javax.jms.  I'm trying to see if there's
another repo I can pick it up from.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.