Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Don Smith <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/17 00:24:03 UTC

DigestUtil

Hi there,

I have a client that has requested I provide a web service to add users to
James. We're using the JDBC storage (MySQL). Of course the trick I've
discovered is how to encrypt the passwords that same as James. I am not a
Java developer, so perhaps that is causing most of my trouble, but I am
trying to instantiate a DigestUtil class from ColdFusion. I always get a
'class not found error'. So I try it from the command line:

C:\ColdFusion8\lib>java -cp . org.apache.james.security.DigestUtil -alg SHA
pwdd

org/apache/james/security/DigestUtil
org.apache.james.security.DigestUtil

I've copied the mail-1.4.jar into the directory my coldfusion lib directory.
This is supposed to be all that is necessary from Coldfusion's point of view
to find a class. Is the DigestUtil in a different jar file? Any help would
be greatly appreciated. All I want to do is be able to encrypt a password
string correctly.

Thanks,

Don

Re: DigestUtil

Posted by Don Smith <do...@gmail.com>.
I got it figured out. I had to unpack the james.sar file and get the
james-2.3.1.jar out and put in my classpath. Now it works perfectly.

-Don