Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/14 21:36:59 UTC

Re: [kafka-clients] Re: [VOTE] 2.8.1 RC1

Hi Community Members,

To encourage other community members to participate in the release
candidate validations and voting, I have set up the following resource as
part of the work for KAFKA-9861

It is a set of scripts and Docker images that allows community members to
run local validations in a consistent manner.

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party

Please take a look at the resource and share any feedback that you may
have. I used it to perform my validation for the 3.0.0 Release Candidate.

I plan to create a video tutorial that walks community members through how
it can be used soon. Stay tuned.

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
HI David,

Thanks for running the 2.8.1 release!

I validated the release doing the following:

   - built from source
   - ran all the unit tests
   - validated the checksums and signatures
   - ran through the quick start
   - ran through the quick start Kafka Streams application
   - looked at the docs and javadoc

I noticed the same doc issues as Randall and I agree it's minor and can be
fixed directly on the docs website

+1 (binding)

-Bill

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
HI David,

Posted by Josep Prat <jo...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
Hi David,

I agree with you, the faulty search shouldn't be a blocker for the release.

Best

———

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

+1 (binding)
I checked the signatures, built from source, ran the tests and the quickstart.

Thanks for running this release!

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.