Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/04/03 14:52:48 UTC

Mailing lists and markmail

Does anyone want to own figuring out how to notify markmail about our
mailing list changes?

We've changed:

1) moved from incubator.apache.org to cloudstack.apache.org
2) added marketing and announce lists

-chip

Re: Mailing lists and markmail

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Following up, received a reply today from the folks at Markmail.org:

We will tweak it but it'll be a few weeks as we're very busy this month
with MarkLogic World.  I don't think there's a big downside in the delay
except a cosmetic name issue, right.

For adding new lists, we told the Apache infrastructure folks how to add
it without our involvement.  They hit a web service and auto-add our
random robot user.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Have put in a request. Note that they've already picked up the marketing
list - but at the incubator address.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 02:30:28PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> I think they might just pick it up automatically. I don't believe Infra
> ever ping them.

Unfortunately Markmail still thinks we are in the incubator.  Since
emails are still being distributed to it via that older subscription,
I'm not sure what the right step is.

It appears that this is the way to contact them:

http://markmail.org/docs/feedback.xqy

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS