Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com> on 2006/04/07 19:35:31 UTC

Serf support for APR 0.9.x (was: Branching for 1.4)

justin.erenkrantz@gmail.com wrote on 04/07/2006 01:17:08 PM:

> On 4/7/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> > See, you should have committed those patches for APR 0.9.x support in
> > serf when I sent them in ;-)
>
> Nyah.  =)
>
> If we decide bundling serf with 1.4 is the way to go, I'll go and add
> in APR 0.9.x support for serf.  But, if we decide not to bundle, then
> I'll stick with the APR 1.0+ requirement in serf.  -- justin

Take this for what it is worth.

We do not support ra_dav on OS/400 port because we have not ported Neon. I
have been hoping to target ra_serf since it is built on Serf which is
built on APR.  However, we are probably stuck with APR 0.9 on OS/400 for
the foreseeable future.  So it would be nice if Serf has support for APR
0.9.

BTW, what other dependencies does ra_serf have?  I would assume it would
still need OpenSSL for SSL support as well as zlib?  Does it also need an
XML parser?

Thanks

Mark

Re: Serf support for APR 0.9.x (was: Branching for 1.4)

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/7/06, Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com> wrote:

> BTW, what other dependencies does ra_serf have?  I would assume it would
> still need OpenSSL for SSL support as well as zlib?  Does it also need an
> XML parser?

AFAIK ra_serf relies on OpenSSL for SSL support, zlib for compression
support, and expat for XML parsing.

-garrett