Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christopher Key <cj...@cam.ac.uk> on 2006/03/09 13:57:21 UTC

Export Groups

Hello,

I have a repository containing various projects sharing a certain amount of
common code, e.g.:

trunk
  code
    project1
      Files for project 1
    project2
      Files for project 2
    project3
      Files for project 3
    Common
      Files used by none, any or all of projects 1--3

What I would like to be able to do is to be able export a copy of the entire
hierarchy with only those files required for a given project, or group of
projects.  I would envisage something similar to a makefile, that
recursively searches for dependencies.  I've not been able to find any
support for this sort of functionality with SVN, and I'm certainly not sure
if a version control system is the right place to put this anyway.

Is there a recommended way of achieving the above in conjunction with SVN,
using something like a 'dependson' property for the file?  Am tackling the
problem from completely the wrong end?

Many thanks,

Christopher Key