Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/09 12:38:29 UTC

Component development question

Hello there! If I have a page with a nested component, and let's say
my page has a property which will be provided by the component. So
let's figure that the page needs the selectedUser from the component?
Where and How in my page class can I access this attribute (before the
full page is rendered). And, when something is triggered on the
component, how can I update my page reference? Is
Tapestry.fireObservedChange used for this?

Thanks

Re: Component development question

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.
This depends on what the component does and how it functions, and the
same for the page.

I could try to look at what you want, but you have to tell some more...
Try to explain what you are trying to do...

Cheers,
ROn

ציטוט Vinicius Carvalho:

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.
ציטוט Vinicius Carvalho:
> Hello there! If I have a page with a nested component, and let's say
> my page has a property which will be provided by the component. So
> let's figure that the page needs the selectedUser from the component?
> Where and How in my page class can I access this attribute (before the
> full page is rendered).

you can call ((MyComponent)getComponents().get("compname")).getUserName();

> And, when something is triggered on the
> component, how can I update my page reference? Is
> Tapestry.fireObservedChange used for this?
This I don't know