Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Vincent-Olivier Arsenault <vi...@stria.com> on 2000/01/06 15:56:04 UTC

Please fix Xalan and Cocoon !!!!

can't  compile!!

thanks

--vincent

Re: Please fix Xalan and Cocoon !!!!

Posted by Vincent-Olivier Arsenault <vi...@stria.com>.
Same thing as yesterday:

IBM JDK 1.1.8

[root@raphael xml-xalan]# java org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.1
Project base dir set to: /usr/local/xml-xalan
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 205 source files to /usr/local/xml-xalan/build/classes
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaisonDe
fault.java:1512: Method serialize(org.w3c.dom.Doc
ument, java.io.Writer, org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in
interface org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
    Serializer.serialize(doc, writer, formatter);
                        ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaisonDe
fault.java:1543: Method serialize(org.w3c.dom.Doc
ument, java.io.OutputStream, org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not
found in interface org.apache.xml.serialize.Serialize
r.
    Serializer.serialize(doc, ostream, formatter);
                        ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xpath/dtm/DTM.java:91: class
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM must be declared
abstract. It does not define void internalSubset(int) from class
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.
public class DTM
             ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xpath/dtm/DTMLiaison.java:17
2: class org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM is an abs
tract class. It can't be instantiated.
      DTM domParser = new DTM(this.getProblemListener());
                      ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xpath/dtm/DTMtest.java:75:
class org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM is an abstrac
t class. It can't be instantiated.
        DTM parser=new DTM();
                   ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xslt/StylesheetRoot.java:443
: Method makeSAXSerializer(java.io.Writer, org.ap
ache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in interface
org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
      handler = Serializer.makeSAXSerializer(writer, format);
                                            ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xslt/StylesheetRoot.java:470
: Method makeSAXSerializer(java.io.Writer, org.ap
ache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in interface
org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
      handler = Serializer.makeSAXSerializer(writer, format);
                                            ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xslt/StylesheetRoot.java:474
: Method makeSAXSerializer(java.io.Writer, org.ap
ache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in interface
org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
      handler = Serializer.makeSAXSerializer(writer, format);
                                            ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xslt/StylesheetRoot.java:509
: Method makeSAXSerializer(java.io.OutputStream,
org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in interface
org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
      handler = Serializer.makeSAXSerializer(ostream, format);
                                            ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xslt/StylesheetRoot.java:560
: Method makeSAXSerializer(java.io.OutputStream,
org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in interface
org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
      handler = Serializer.makeSAXSerializer(ostream, format);
                                            ^
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xslt/StylesheetRoot.java:564
: Method makeSAXSerializer(java.io.OutputStream,
org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat) not found in interface
org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer.
      handler = Serializer.makeSAXSerializer(ostream, format);
                                            ^
Note:
/usr/local/xml-xalan/build/src/org/apache/xalan/xpath/xdom/XercesLiaison.jav
a uses a deprecated API.  Recompile with "-
deprecation" for details.
11 errors, 1 warning
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
I'll be off-line until, let's say, monday... I'm getting back to
Sunnyvale tomorrow... See you all next week...

	Pier

Re: Please fix Xalan and Cocoon !!!!

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.