Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jagdish Vasani <Ja...@thedigitalgroup.com> on 2017/08/21 15:47:11 UTC

FastVector does not highlight for phrase query when it contains stop word/s

Hi  Solr Users,

I come across issue that fast Vector highlighter does not highlight field values when search for phrase query contains stop word.
For example , Query is "blue is the sky" , it will return result but highlighting will not available for this field.

I have applied,
hl.usePhraseHighlighter=true
hl.preserveMulti=true
hl.highlightMultiTerm=true
hl.fragsize=1500
hl.snippets=5
hl=on
hl.fl=<Fields to highlight>
hl.tag.pre=<some pre tag>
hl.tag.post==<some post tag>
hl.method = fastVector

schema.xml, fields having
indexed="true" termOffsets="true" stored="true" termPositions="true" termVectors="true" multiValued="true"

I have used solr 6.4.2

Does that correct or I am missing some thing ?

Thanks,
Jagdish

________________________________

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT(s):This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Although The Digital Group has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. Any opinion defamatory or deemed to be defamatory or any material which could be reasonably branded to be a species of plagiarism and other statements contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Re: FastVector does not highlight for phrase query when it contains stop word/s

Posted by Leonardo Perez Pulido <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Do you analyze your text with StopFilterFactory, in your field type?
Regards.

Posted by Jagdish Vasani <Ja...@thedigitalgroup.com>.
Hi Rick,

Thanks for response.
I understood that If I  do not use StopFilter factory or do not exclude stop words , than it will solve problem.
But here stop words excluded and search is working well with stop word in phrase query.. but fast vector highlighter does not highlighting.

I debug the code and found that fast vector strictly check positions of phrase terms. It does not skipping stop word positions.
It should skip positions when stop words are there in phrase queries.

Thanks,
Jagdish
Recent discussions have recommended that you not use stop words in any case. Cheers -- Rick

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.