Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Justin Day <ju...@blip.tv> on 2008/08/17 18:09:55 UTC

Tool for writing design documents

Hi there,

Brand new to CouchDB, just giving it a whirl.  I'm curious what people seem
to use when writing design documents?  I tried to make it work with futon,
but it seems to be a no-go, unless I'm missing something?  Are most people
just editing in their favorite text editor and then using a quick import
script they've whipped up?

Thanks,

Justin

Re: Tool for writing design documents

Posted by Sho Fukamachi <sh...@gmail.com>.
You can also check out DataMapper's CouchDB adaptor's auto_migrate
functionality which "migrates" your views into proper CouchDB design
documents.

http://github.com/sam/dm-more/tree/master/adapters/dm-couchdb-adapter

Here's a paste of mine from a while back, doing something else but it
demonstrates the functionality in action:

http://friendpaste.com/DYsves9s

HTH,

Sho

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
You might want to check out Chris Anderson's scripts in couchrest [1].
Specifically the couchview script [2].

Paul

[1] http://github.com/jchris/couchrest/tree/master
[2] http://github.com/jchris/couchrest/tree/master/bin/couchview

Posted by Ed Finkler <fu...@gmail.com>.
I typically add and update design docs via Futon, but I do my editing
in TextMate and then c+p.

--
Ed Finkler
http://funkatron.com