Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@apache.org> on 2005/10/18 19:59:43 UTC

Installing "old" build artifacts into your m2 local repository

I have a few projects that are still using Ant and was looking for a way to
get those build artifacts into my m2 local repository for use in new
projects.

This works.  It's going to wrap badly... the <arg> is all on one line:

build.xml:
   <target name="m2-install">
      <exec dir="." executable="cmd">
         <arg line="/c m2.bat
install:install-file -Dfile=dist/myapp-core.jar -DgroupId=net.wsmoak -DartifactId=myapp-core
 -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar"/>
      </exec>
   </target>

Would anyone like to share a maven.xml goal to do the same thing for m1
artifacts?

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: Installing "old" build artifacts into your m2 local repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
blind stab, untested:

<j:forEach var="lib" items="${pom.artifacts}">
  <j:set var="dep" value="${lib.dependency}" />
  <ant:copy todir="/path/to/m2-repo/${dep.groupId}/${dep.artifactId}/${dep.version}"
file=${lib.path}" />
</j:forEach>

- Brett