Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Co...@hydro.qc.ca on 2006/12/21 17:27:25 UTC

Migration to 1.1.4 problem

Hi everyone,

	We are having difficulties migrating to 1.1.4 version of myFaces. We have gone
through the web site and the wiki, to no avail. We are not sure which jars are important?

We have found references to the following jars throughout:

Sandbox.jar
Tomahawk-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar  (which I cant find anywhere)
Tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar (which I also cannot find anywhere)

There seems to be a well-intended page for people like ourselves at:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Library_dependencies ...but it appears
to be a few versions behind.

My question is the following: Would it be possible to list all the
jars required to make a simple Hello World with the latest version
of MyFaces?  Also including both a valid web.xml and faces-config.xml?

We are using Rational Application Developper 6.0.1, and WebSphere 5x.
Furthermore, we have changed our classloading to "Application" and to
the PARENT_LAST approach (as suggested on the wiki).

For those of you who are running your code in RAD, this is the error
code we get as the web app launches: SRVE0054E. The solution, according
to IBM is to use fully packaged names when declaring exception types in
our web.xml (which we do already, of course).

Any help/suggestions/insights (even a good joke at this point) would be
appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Migration to 1.1.4 problem

Posted by Co...@hydro.qc.ca.
Jeff, thanks for your response. We are migrating from version 1.0.10. (It was impossible to migrate before this)

I simply replaced myfaces-api-1.1.4.jar with myfaces-api-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
and
myfaces-impl-1.1.4.jar with myfaces-impl-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
and it worked.

The only thing which remains worrisome are the following "not found" lines (these are new) from the startup log:

[06-12-21 13:39:08:515 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  Reading standard config org/apache/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
[06-12-21 13:39:09:156 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  Reading config wsjar:file:/D:/Systprod/dev/wsad/workspace_L3/STWebLibreService/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk-1.1.3.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
[06-12-21 13:39:10:015 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  Reading config /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
[06-12-21 13:39:11:234 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  MyFaces-package : myfaces-api not found.
[06-12-21 13:39:11:234 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  MyFaces-package : myfaces-impl not found.
[06-12-21 13:39:11:250 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  MyFaces-package : tomahawk-sandbox not found.
[06-12-21 13:39:11:250 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  MyFaces-package : tomahawk not found.
[06-12-21 13:39:13:593 EST] 55255525 FacesConfigur I org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator  Serialization provider : class org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.serial.DefaultSerialFactory

Any ideas on what those lines may indicate?

Other than that, thanks again for your help.

Hmm what are you migrating "from", another JSF implementation or non-JSF framework? And are you interested in the Myfaces JSF implementation, the Tomahawk components library, or both?

I think it will be much simpler for you to take a look at the example applications. Sadly, they are not part of the current release (probably why you couldn't find them) but you can download them from the nightlies here [1]. Just get the tomahawk-examples-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT-bin. Hopefully the examples will make it back to the official releases.

Also, the new preferred way to start a myfaces project (with all the correct dependencies!) is to use the Maven Archetype from the wiki [2].

[1] http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFaces_Archetypes_for_Maven

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff