Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Torsten Krah <kr...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/22 10:43:13 UTC

Change svn:mergeinfo property on an old revision of the repository (history) which has an invalid syntax

Hi,

unfortunately trying to svnsync a repository i discovered that there is
an invalid revision in the repository having a wrong svn:mergeinfo
property, instead of

1280-1282 it has 1282-1280

"Commit rejected because mergeinfo on '/branch' is syntactically
invalid"

The client we're using t sync is version 1.9.7. The source server is
1.6.17.

What's the best way to fix only those broken revision? Is there some way
to fix this property in the history? Or is there some way to fix that on
the fly? Any suggestions welcome.

kind regards

Torsten

Re: Change svn:mergeinfo property on an old revision of the repository (history) which has an invalid syntax

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:43 PM, Torsten Krah <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unfortunately trying to svnsync a repository i discovered that there is
> an invalid revision in the repository having a wrong svn:mergeinfo
> property, instead of
>
> 1280-1282 it has 1282-1280
>
> "Commit rejected because mergeinfo on '/branch' is syntactically
> invalid"
>
> The client we're using t sync is version 1.9.7. The source server is
> 1.6.17.
>
> What's the best way to fix only those broken revision? Is there some way
> to fix this property in the history? Or is there some way to fix that on
> the fly? Any suggestions welcome.

I'm not sure how this would have happened (perhaps by manually editing
/ setting the mergeinfo property by the person who made that commit?).

I don't have any experience with this kind of problem, but perhaps
this tool could help you:

https://github.com/jwiegley/svndumptool

It has several features for manipulating / fixing svn dump files.

--
Johan