Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Cedric Gatay <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 18:41:24 UTC

A few questions about contributing

Hi guys,

to contribute the most efficiently, I'm curious about few things :

* is someone is using IntelliJ IDEA?  I'm using the Eclipse code formatter
plugin, but I think my formatted code is not yet on par with the one
formatted by Eclipse, if another dev is using this IDE and got a good code
format setup, I would be interested in getting it.
* is it possible to allow "everyone" to be assigned to an issue in Jira ?
It could be cumbersome to find an issue not already taken by someone.

Regards,
__
Cedric Gatay (@Cedric_Gatay <http://twitter.com/Cedric_Gatay>)
http://code-troopers.com | http://www.bloggure.info | http://cedric.gatay.fr

Re: A few questions about contributing

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
-0

i would prefer that only core committers are assigned to an issue,
that way we know someone is actually taking care of it and its easy to
find issues not taken by anyone.

if a non-committer wants to contribute a patch and "claim" an issue
while doing so they can leave a comment to that effect which should be
sufficient.

my two cents.
-igor

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.