Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/24 20:21:50 UTC

[proposal] infra request: create TLP Apache Wicket

All,

This is a proposal for the tasks infra needs to take to make us a TLP.
Please review if I have misspelled something, or if there is something
missing. I took the draft from [1], and adjusted it to our specific
needs.

Martijn

The board has agreed to create the Wicket project.

To aid in the process, would the Infrastructure team please do the following:

#=======================================

[0] Root Tasks

Create unix group "wicket"

Create new DNS entry "wicket.apache.org" and configure into website
server instance

Please migrate the existing archives, subscribers and moderators to
the following lists:

  dev@wicket.apache.org from wicket-dev@incubator.apache.org
  users@wicket.apache.org new, mass migration of subscribers from sf.net
  announce@wicket.apache.org new, mass migration of subscribers from sf.net
  private@wicket.apache.org from wicket-private@incubator.apache.org
  commits@wicket.apache.org from wicket-commits@incubator.apache.org

Initial mailing list :

(iii) archives: please provide for merged archives for:
wicket-dev@incubator merged with dev@wicket; wicket-commits@incubator
merged with commits@wicket; and wicket-private@incubator merged with
private@wicket.
  mbox
  1. http://wicket.apache.org/mail/wicket/dev/YYYYMM.gz
  2. http://wicket.apache.org/mail/wicket/commits/YYYYMM.gz
  3. private@wicket to be archived in the private area.

(iv) options

I. Reply-To: Header [X] yes [ ] no
    NOTE: $PROJECT-commits@$TLP.apache.org -> $PROJECT-dev@$TLP.apache.org
II. Message Trailer [ ] yes [X] no

#=======================================
[2] Source Tracker

(i) Subversion

Move the existing incubator/wicket tree to TLP

#=======================================
[3] Initial Committer list

Same as existing

#=======================================
[4] cwiki

The cwiki does not need to be moved.

[5] Add dashorst (PMC chair) to appropriate authorizations in auth file.

[6] Create "wicket" directory in /www/www.apache.org/dist directory
for publishing software.

Re: [proposal] infra request: create TLP Apache Wicket

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   users@wicket.apache.org new, mass migration of subscribers from sf.net
>   announce@wicket.apache.org new, mass migration of subscribers from sf.net

It seems this won't be possible. Some states frown upon transferring
privacy sensitive information (such as email addresses) between
organizations.

Martijn

--
Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!

Re: [proposal] infra request: create TLP Apache Wicket

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Frank Bille wrote:
> On 6/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please review if I have misspelled something, or if there is something
>> missing.
>

> Does Infra need to involved in domain transfers?

Yes. Although the ASF doesn't own many domains. Usually domain transfers
require a 'send' and a 'receive' step - someone on the infra side with
access to our dotster account would need to do that. If I can get access
to those account details, I'd happily handle it.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [proposal] infra request: create TLP Apache Wicket

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/07, Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/24/07, Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Does Infra need to involved in domain transfers?

I just sent a question regarding the DNS entries to infra@

Martijn

--
BREAKING NEWS: Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/24/07, Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does Infra need to involved in domain transfers?
>
> Yes, but that is another issue according to me. We can resolve that
> seperately.

Ok fine.

Rest looks fine to me as well.

Frank

Re: [proposal] infra request: create TLP Apache Wicket

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [1] is of course: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1260

Of course ;-)

Frank

Re: [proposal] infra request: create TLP Apache Wicket

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
> On 6/24/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I. Reply-To: Header [X] yes [ ] no
> >     NOTE: $PROJECT-commits@$TLP.apache.org -> $PROJECT-dev@$TLP.apache.org
> > II. Message Trailer [ ] yes [X] no

Anyone wondering about what the message trailer is? Answer is here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-gui-dev/200004.mbox/%3C38EE40A1.796522D8@Golux.Com%3E

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
The changes are:
 - no mass migration of users
 - added footer to lists with info on how to unsubscribe from the list

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
and [1] is: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1278

/me reminds him not to [2]