Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Schuler, Michael" <Mi...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2007/12/18 16:46:12 UTC

Question to Deamon Subproject

Hello,

I have read some documentation about the Jakarta Commons Daemon project and have some questions. I am working as a software developer.

1-       as I found in the description the Java application that is to be installed as a Windows Service (or UNIX daemon) must implement the Daemon interface.

2-       I also found the remark that any Windows Service may be installed using Jakarta daemon. Here am confused since this is in contrast to 1- Is 1- really a requirement ?

3-       What is the difference between stopMode=java and stopMode=jvm ?

Thank you very much for your answer.
Michael