Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2006/07/21 19:24:51 UTC

Scenarios: was Using Scenarios

I believe there is some agreement about using scenarios so I've started a
new thread as the old was getting a little long

I got round to taking a look at the scenarios page on the wiki. Hope I'm
looking at the right place (
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Scenarios#preview). This may
be a bit controversial but I'd like to have a few descriptions, scenarios,
samples (call them what you will) that take more of a business problem view
on the value of SCA. From there we can show the path to the individual
technical use cases mentioned. For example, we may expect the technical
reader to understand why JSON or Celtix are useful but we want the reader
(either inside or outside the project) to understand why there is value in
SCA in making these pluggable bindings. I.e. what role is SCA playing?

Any how I've done some very brief sketches. I'm completely happy if these
live on a separate page so they don't mess up the technical  scenarios. I'm
also happy to put some effort in to expand these thoughts if the team aren't
dead set against them.

Help and other thoughts most welcome of course.

Re: Scenarios: was Using Scenarios

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Thanks Simon, I think this would be useful. Perhaps we should also
link to SCA whitepapers on osoa.org once they are published?

One thing I would like to make sure we do is maintain the technical
scenarios with easy navigation to them without having to click
through "business scenarios". I think the current layout suits that
so as long as the technical ones don't become buried behind a pile of
click-throughs. We may want to separate the two scenarios types into
two pages if they become too numerous to fit on one.

Jim