Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by km <km...@o2.pl> on 2007/02/04 16:15:19 UTC

Problem with PDF and Cocoon

Hello

I use Apache and Cocoon 2.1 to create a PDF Document.

I use to do it webservices - one for a content and picture_id, and the next one to call pictures from database. Everything work almost perfectly - I have only one problem when I call a picture. Every picture is twice called, I don't know why, becouse in my xsl-fo.xsl it is only a one structure to get the picture. It is undepent from the source - the same problem is when I use the document from a static file (not from Webservice from database).

Can someone help me? I can not explain why it do so.

Please and thanks
Kris

--
****************************
kmConsulting

Mobil: +49 179 31 53 791
eMail: info@kmconsulting.org
http://www.kmconsulting.org

Re: Problem with PDF and Cocoon

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
km wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thank you for the answer.
>
> The pictures are in database and they are called as a webservice. when I
> do a static file (document.fo) and put this file on generator, no
> transform, only with  fo2pdf serializer, then pictures are called twice too.
>
> I use a standard serializer from cocoon 2.1.

That sounds very strange, and I've certainly never seen it happen with
my FO documents.  I second Derek's suggestion to post a test case.
Could you reply with the following:

* A copy of document.fo, preferably a minimal version that just
demonstrates your problem
* What version of Cocoon you're using (2.1.?)
* What JRE version you're using
* What container (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.).
* Any other differences between your environment and the default Cocoon
distro (major configuration changes, different JARs, etc.)

Thanks

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
It doesn't seem that requesting the PDF twice should affect the contents
of the PDF.

Like we've said before, we really need some sample code to help you out.
  If you're not comfortable sending it to the list you can send it
directly to me.

Posted by km <km...@o2.pl>.
HelloI found (propably) why I have a problem with pictures by pdf. The problem is by fo2pdf. Can some tell me, if it is normal, that bei fo2pdf my matcher is twice called?In Logs from httpwatch I found this: 00:00:00.000 0.803 492 3395 GET 200 text/html;charset=UTF-8 http://localhost:8080/performer/product/showPdfInfo;jsessionid=89BFD3AC418F5259F345314E30344E56?prod_id=12281&amp;mp_id=13001&amp;mpsession_id=7C0C2BC77B22014842AC9FEE8E0799E6&amp;pdfContent=103336&amp;cmid=1
 00:00:00.957 1.777 655 78107 GET 200 application/pdf http://localhost:8080/performer/product/getPdfContent;jsessionid=89BFD3AC418F5259F345314E30344E56?prod_id=12281&amp;pdfContent=103336&amp;cmid=1&amp;mp_id=13001&amp;mpsession_id=7C0C2BC77B22014842AC9FEE8E0799E6
 00:00:03.139 0.657 473 78107 GET 200 application/pdf http://localhost:8080/performer/product/getPdfContent;jsessionid=89BFD3AC418F5259F345314E30344E56?prod_id=12281&amp;pdfContent=103336&amp;cmid=1&amp;mp_id=13001&amp;mpsession_id=7C0C2BC77B22014842AC9FEE8E0799E6getPdfContent is my matcher for a webservice that have the content of pdf document.When I change my serilize from fo2pdf to xml, this is called only once. By fo2pdf - twice.I guess, that that why I call the pictures twice.Can someone confirm this?km
Hello
Thank you for the answer.
The pictures are in database and they are called as a webservice. when I do a static file (document.fo) and put this file on generator, no transform, only with  fo2pdf serializer, then pictures are called twice too.
I use a standard serializer from cocoon 2.1.
kris
Kris
Probably best to post some "test case" code so
others
can try and reproduce your error (esp. if it happens
with static files as well).
&gt;&gt;&gt; km &lt;kmurmylo@o2.pl&gt; 2007/02/04 05:15:19 PM
&gt;&gt;&gt;

Re: Re: Problem with PDF and Cocoon

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Kris

Probably best to post some "test case" code so others
can try and reproduce your error (esp. if it happens
with static files as well).

>>> km <km...@o2.pl> 2007/02/04 05:15:19 PM >>>

Hello

I use Apache and Cocoon 2.1 to create a PDF Document.

I use to do it webservices - one for a content and picture_id, and the
next one to call pictures from database. Everything work almost
perfectly - I have only one problem when I call a picture. Every picture
is twice called, I don't know why, becouse in my xsl-fo.xsl it is only a
one structure to get the picture. It is undepent from the source - the
same problem is when I use the document from a static file (not from
Webservice from database).

Can someone help me? I can not explain why it do so.

Please and thanks
Kris

--
****************************