Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2005/05/04 14:43:10 UTC

Closing JIRA issues...

What's the procedure for closing a JIRA issue?  I have been just marking
them as "resolved."  At what point do they actually get closed?

Re: Closing JIRA issues...

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
I think the default JIRA issue workflow (which I believe the ASF JIRA
server is using) is quite flexible. I think that it really is the
reporter's responsibility to close (or of course reopen) an issue once
it's been resolved by a developer.

My experience is that most reporters never bother to close the issue
once it's been resolved. Therefore I often resolve and close them
myself right away. Especially if I resolve the issue with the 'Fixed'
resolution. Other unclosed issues will probably have to be closed by a
periodic manual cleanup effort.

--knut