Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Pierre Lavignotte <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/01 17:22:27 UTC

Re: query regarding HSSFDataValidation

Hi,

Here is a patch file for my update in HSSFSheet.java.
I used POI 3.1 FINAL source.

Changes are :
- Added the NamePtg support in the HSSFDataValidation formula,
- Replaced the deprecated calls to FormulaParser.parse(String formula)
by static method FormulaParser.parse(String formula, HSSFWorkbook
workbook),
- Created new method getDVRecords() so you can get the existing
DataValidation Records and extend them to other cells.

Pierre

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Pierre Lavignotte wrote:
> Here is a patch file for my update in HSSFSheet.java.

Thanks, I've applied much of this to svn. (Some parts look to have already
been fixed). It'd be good to get a unit test for this support, so we can
make sure it doesn't get broken in the future. Could you put together a
small class that uses this functionality, which we can use as the basis
for a unit test?

Thanks
Nick