Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marek Koziol <ma...@freerun.com> on 2002/10/01 22:49:00 UTC

"Dynamic" forward to jsp?

Is it possible to forward to a JSP page whose absolute file path is
computed on the fly? (i.e. it is based on the server name which is then
mangled to produce a root directory path for this server). I do not want
to do a redirect. I need this to fit into an existing configuration
framework, where possibly hundreds of servers are located on a single
machine. What is the best "design pattern" to do it? I am new to struts
and any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Marek

Re: "Dynamic" forward to jsp?

Posted by Marek Koziol <ma...@freerun.com>.
It works but the path is treated as context-relative (i.e. relative to
Tomcat/webapp root I think). I need to be able to direct it to an
absolute Unix path to some existing directory which is outside tomcat
webapp root (and that does not work). I do not think it is a struts
issue anymore. Maybe using symlinks is the easiest way out or is there a
trick to do it?  I am using Tomcat 4.1.12 and struts 1.1-b2. Thanks.

Marek

Re: "Dynamic" forward to jsp?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

--