Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by colincrist <co...@hermesjms.com> on 2006/07/26 16:13:22 UTC

HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Hi all,

I've released HermesJMS 1.10, it includes a first version of a plugin for
ActiveMQ.

There are a number of JMX issues at the moment that mean its not fully
functional but as soon as the MBeans change I'll update Hermes to reflect
it.

Here are the ActiveMQ details and you can download or webstart from the
website.

http://www.hermesjms.com/provider_activemq.html

Regards,

Colin.
http://hermesjms.com

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.
I too had a hard time getting info about setting up Hermes with ActiveMQ. I
did however find this really nice tutorial.

http://www.stephenpasco.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=28

It uses ActiveMQ 3.1 so simply use the ActiveMQ 4.1 package names instead.

Sanjiv

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/26/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> My Idea 5, which is considered as benchmark of java GUI by many, does not
> have the widgets that look like this.
>
> I have an ActiveMQ server running. I want to connect to it and see what is
> in the queues, what clients connected, etc.

You can connect via JMX to a remote ActiveMQ broker if thats what you
mean? Its what JConsole and HermesJMS do.

--

James
-------

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Posted by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com>.
My Idea 5, which is considered as benchmark of java GUI by many, does not
have the widgets that look like this.

I have an ActiveMQ server running. I want to connect to it and see what is
in the queues, what clients connected, etc. Maybe I did not understand what
HermesJMS can do. I thought it was a replacement of JConsole, which can
better help with troubleshooting, debuging, etc.

Thanks.

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Posted by colincrist <co...@hermesjms.com>.

Thats very nice of you to say - Swing has come a long way over the past few
years.

Can you be more specific on your problem, I'm sure either myself or someone
more ActiveMQ-savvy on this list can help.

Regards,

Colin
http://hermesjms.com

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Posted by colincrist <co...@hermesjms.com>.

Thanks James, coolbeans indeed, lets get them MBeans rockin them we'll be in
business.

L8rs.

Colin.

Re: HermesJMS 1.10 Released

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Coolbeans - thanks!

On 7/26/06, colincrist <co...@hermesjms.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've released HermesJMS 1.10, it includes a first version of a plugin for
> ActiveMQ.
>
> There are a number of JMX issues at the moment that mean its not fully
> functional but as soon as the MBeans change I'll update Hermes to reflect
> it.
>
> Here are the ActiveMQ details and you can download or webstart from the
> website.
>
> http://www.hermesjms.com/provider_activemq.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Colin.