Posted to user@hive.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 11:57:10 UTC

Capturing HIVE CLI errors

Hi guys,

I am trying to write a client code for HIVE CLI via ODBC connector. I want
to add query validation code at my client side. I was wondering is there a
way I can capture the Hive query syntax errors which I can use to validate
at my client end.

I don't want to write my own validation codes for checking the hive query.
I was wondering if that is possible to catch the errors that we usually get
at HIVE CLI and throw it at the client end.

Regards
Praveenesh

Re: Capturing HIVE CLI errors

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
The thrift libraries throw errors back to the client as one would expect.
Looks like we're going to have to see some example code where you're not
seeing them.