Posted to user@flink.apache.org by M Singh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2016/08/09 16:17:51 UTC

Flink : CEP processing

Hey Folks:
I have a question about CEP processing in Flink - How does flink processing work when we have multiple partitions in which the events used in the pattern sequence might be scattered across multiple partitions on multiple nodes ?
Thanks for your insight.
Mans

Re: Flink : CEP processing

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Sameet is right about the snapshotting. The CEP operator behaves more or
less like a FlatMap operator that keeps some more complex state internally.
Snapshotting works the same as with any other operator.

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Re: Flink : CEP processing

Posted by Sameer W <sa...@axiomine.com>.
Mans,

Re: Flink : CEP processing

Posted by M Singh <ma...@yahoo.com>.

3. The "Within" window is not an issue. Even the window preceding that should not be unless you are using WindowFunction (more memory friendly alternative is https://ci.apache.org/ projects/flink/flink-docs- master/apis/streaming/windows. html#window-functions ) by themselves and using a really large window
4. The way I am using it, it is working fine. Some of the limitations I have seen are related to this paper not being fully implemented (https://people.cs.umass.edu/ ~yanlei/publications/sase- sigmod08.pdf). I don't know how to support negation in an event stream but I don't need it for now.

Re: Flink : CEP processing

Posted by Sameer W <sa...@axiomine.com>.

Re: Flink : CEP processing

Re: Flink : CEP processing