Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/24 13:54:48 UTC

detached license information [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 RAT Release]

On 11/24/06, Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com> wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> >
> > On 11/22/06, Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
> > > The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release
> >

> > bit unfortunate about the licensing foobar - looked a good release :-/
> >
> > here are the notes i made before i found the license issue just FYI
> > for feedback
> >
> > -- possible minor issues --
> >
> > RAT:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/2.0-incubator-M1/common/schemas/src/main/resources/schemas/wsdl/xml.xsd
> >  is missing a license header. doesn't look generated and looks complex
> > enough for copyright.
> >

> For this one, I am not sure if we can add Apache License Header. The
> original document is available here http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd and
> it does not include any license header too.

this sounds fine

thinking about adding function to allow RAT to read external file
containing license information (sort of like a detached signature).
prefer to suppose forms of meta-data (RDF, microformt whatnot) and
have RAT read them rather than a RAT specific configuration file.

opinions?

suggestions about formats?

anyone know about any existing standards?

- robert