Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by allan <la...@inet.uni2.dk> on 2002/03/27 04:00:13 UTC

Re: the latest design preview

Bill Moseley wrote:

> At 11:15 AM 03/27/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >Here is the latest Allan's version:
> >
> >http://perl.apache.org/preview/allan/dst_html/
>
> Allan, NS4.0 is placing the left boxes centered in the screen.  If I download just the index.html and style.css locally then Netscape renders OK (although there's no images).  Any ideas?

<wild stab in the dark>
could you clear your cache in ns4, please.
</wild stab in the dark>

if that doesn't help ... hmm, i did remove some outer-divs
(called menumain, menulinks and so on) around the seperate
boxes in the leftbox-area. maybe they should go back in
though i cannot see why really.

> Also, the css validator reports a number of issues -- I'm not sure how critical they are.
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://perl.apache.org/preview/allan/dst_html/

i'll have a look (:

> >http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/
>
> This site also is falling apart with NS4.0 now.  If I select a menu item then the content is displayed in a vary narrow column down the left side of the content area.
>
> Does anyone have NS4.0 besides me to look?

not me.

Re: the latest design preview

Posted by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org>.
At 11:00 AM 03/27/02 +0800, allan wrote:
><wild stab in the dark>
>could you clear your cache in ns4, please.
></wild stab in the dark>

Nice wild stab!  Fixed it.

At least with NS4.0 you can refresh the cache.  IE drives me crazy when
testing CGI scripts.  And mozilla view source reloads a different page!  If
NS4 would just render correctly...

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org