Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "omarcioRibeiro()" <om...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/02 19:20:21 UTC

Session

Hello personal everything well...
I am beginning my studies with Tapestry it is really Fantastic.
I am with a doubt, in JSP/Servlet you use sessions to allow or I don't
access him/it to certain pages of the application. How to use session
in Tapestry???

Thank you very much.

Re: Session

Posted by Shawn Church <sh...@boxity.com>.
One common way to allow/disallow access to certain pages within your
application is to create (for example) a Protected page class that
extends BasePage.  Within Protected, override the pageValidate() method
and verify (e.g. - against your Visit class) the authorization level of
the user.  Pages for which you want to limit user access should then
extend Protected.  The pageValidate method may choose to interrupt the
attempted page access by throwing a PageRedirectException or by
delegating to another page (such as a login page).

Shawn

Re: Session

Posted by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com>.
Nope, no direct contact with the ugliness that is
HttpSession/Request/everything else. That whole layer is abstracted
for you, but its a good idea to at least know how these things work.

Of course, you can still get to session and request info if you really need to.

-Nick

Re: Session

Posted by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com>.