Posted to java-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/07/12 20:59:32 UTC

[Lucene-java Wiki] Update of "LuceneAtApacheConUs2009" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-java Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HossMan:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneAtApacheConUs2009

   Let's wait to fill this in until Concom provides us a list from the regular CFP process.

  = Possible Talks or Tutorials =
+
   * Lucene Basics (Michael Busch or others?)
   * Intro to Solr (????:  Hoss out of the box talk?)
+    * FWIW: I've given OOTB twice before, and it's always been ''really'' rushed in the 50 minute block.  In an ideal world it could be broken out into a ~40 minute overview of all the features solr provides "Out Of The Box" and then another ~40 live demo of using Solr OOTB to index and make sense of an arbitrary data set. --Hoss
   * Intro to Nutch and/or Nutch Vertical Search (Andrzej Bialecki) (when was the last time we had a Nutch talk? ''probably never...'')
   * Mime Magic with Apache Tika (Jukka Zitting)
   * Recommendations using Lucene (Ted Dunning, see abstract below, possibly tag team with Grant on his Intelligent search talk) - 1 hour