Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Olivier Roger <or...@prynel.com> on 2010/11/16 17:00:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2.17 and Xp embedded standard

Hello,
I'm trying to run Apache 2.2.17 on a windows Xp embedded standard but
each start of apache fail
with a message "Apache... has encountred a problem and need to close".
The installation was done with the msi downloaded (3 times to be sure) from
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi.
The error message show the libapr-1.dll as source of the error.

The same problem occur with a 2.2.16 but not with a 2.2.8.
Any idea , to install this last release of apache on my system ?

PS : Apache logs are normal.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.17 and Xp embedded standard

Posted by Olivier Roger <or...@prynel.com>.
Le 16/11/2010 21:32, William A. Rowe Jr. a écrit :
> On 11/16/2010 10:00 AM, Olivier Roger wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to run Apache 2.2.17 on a windows Xp embedded standard but each start of apache
>> fail
>> with a message "Apache... has encountred a problem and need to close".
>> The installation was done with the msi downloaded (3 times to be sure) from
>> http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi.
>> The error message show the libapr-1.dll as source of the error.
>>
> If you have xp, you should have dr watson, and if you have dr watson, you can
> locate the .pdb's at http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/symbols/
> and give us a more specific backtrace that we would actually evaluate.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html will give you some hints.

Thanks for your answer.
I followed the debugging procedure on
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html
You can find the resulting drwtsn32.log attached to this message. I hope
it can be helpful.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.17 and Xp embedded standard

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.