Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/03/18 20:21:24 UTC

Re: Problem in installing log4cxx in Solaris 8 sparc

A major motivation for migrating to Apache Portable Runtime was to
eliminate platform-dependent code (like the inline Sparc assembler
that you identified) from the log4cxx code base.  The current CVS
HEAD doesn't have that code anymore.

If you search the archives, you might find a solution that would
allow you to use 0.9.7 on your platform, but the goal of the project
is to get 0.9.8 ready to replace it.