Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/12/07 01:03:39 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/util/src/java/org/apache/commons/util FileUtils.java

On 12/6/01 4:12 AM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> On 12/6/01 4:00 AM, "Christoph Reck" <Ch...@dlr.de> wrote:
>
>> Jason,
>>
>> could you deprecate those methods in the 'rupert' FileUtils?
>
> Sure, if you like. Though I don't really think it's necessary to deprecate
> methods for classes that are in the sandbox. But I can do it if you like.

It might be a nice courtesy to note that it was taken somewhere else, but
you are right - I don't think it has to be deprecated.  If someone wants to
do something with rupert, they will have to deal with the overlap if they
need to...

>> I guess some votes might be necessary for this...
>>
>> +1 from me (the rupert.christoph package was my contribution to find
>> a place whithin commons, Geir went forward and made that strange
>> package in the sandbox for it to be slaughtered and used :).
>>
>> :) Chirstoph
>>
>> jvanzyl@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>> jvanzyl     01/12/05 08:04:43
>>>
>>>   Modified:    util/src/java/org/apache/commons/util FileUtils.java
>>>   Log:
>>>   - combining some of the methods in the 'rupert' FileUtils class with
>>>     this one.
>>
>> --

System and Software Consulting