Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <sn...@kiala.com> on 2004/03/19 10:56:52 UTC

RE: Réf. : Cactus integration test with a production's EAR

Nicolas,

I don't use the mutltiproject facilities for the simple reason that the EAR I
build is not relying on the CVS head. See I can have module 1 version 2.4.5
which is 2 months old and module2 version 1.2.6 in the HEAD. Then I build an
EAR with those two modules (to make it simple) and  I want to test the EAR (I
mean the one which has been created and put in production)

Thanks,

Stéphane

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

err... If it's already in production, why do you want to test it? :-)

<OT>
Why don't you build everything from CVS HEAD? That would ensure that
changes are all compatible at any single point in time. I'm curious to
understand why you don't want to be doing continuous integration (I've
always found it to be very useful in my projects). If people are working
on fixing bugs of a previous release, they'll work on a branch. Same if
people are working on experimental features. But the main development
for the current release would be on HEAD. What's wrong with this? :-)
</OT>

Thanks
-Vincent