Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net> on 2015/08/24 15:26:58 UTC

HBase group authroizations

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles trying to authorize some users from HBase to
access to a table using a group they belong to.
Even if the policy is correctly set, and uses a group that `hdfs groups`
returns me, I can't access the database as the user can't.

I can't see any logs indicating that the Ranger plugin tries to assert the
user's identity and its groups, but my debug level may not be high enough
(as I didn't found the corresponding property).

Can someone help me to increase my log level to debug for XaSecure HBase
plugin, or give me some things I can try to look at to figure out why
groups cannot be used in my configuration ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Regards,

Loïc
Loïc CHANEL
Engineering student at TELECOM Nancy
Trainee at Worldline - Villeurbanne

Re: HBase group authroizations

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
> Can I assume your issue is now resolved? :-)
Yes it is ! :-)

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

From:  Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>
Date:  Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 8:57 AM
To:  "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: HBase group authroizations

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
Hi Bosco !

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Loïc, sorry I am trying to understand the issue here.

>n my case, on HBaseMaster and in Ranger database, the group I made policies for
was called "sysadmin" when on the nodes containing the RegionServers it was
called "SysAdmin².

From:  Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>
Date:  Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 1:09 AM
To:  "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>